Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 6 - Doughnuts, yummm!

Well today was the start of the Final of the Snooker World Championships between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Ali Carter.  Although Ronnie is a quality player and I do like his style of play, I would rather see Ali win it because he's the underdog.  I've always had a soft spot for an underdog and love to see new champions every now and then rather than the same people winning everything all the time.

I managed to watch the first session of 8 frames and, after a shaky start, Ali had managed to get a couple of frames on the board.  By the end of the first session, he was 5-3 down so he certainly had a bit of work to do in order to come back.  After the snooker, I got a call from Tricia to ask if I could pick her up from Matalan and give her a lift home with her shopping.  I picked her up, we dropped her shopping off and then headed round to Shal's house.

We got there just in time to watch the Man Utd Vs. Swansea game in the Premier League.  Man City had already beaten Newcastle 2-0 earlier in the day so the pressure was on their neighbours to get a result and stay on their tails for the title race.  By half time Man Utd were 2-0 up thanks to a couple of well taken goals.  Adam decided he was gonna play a game of FIFA 12 on his PS3 during the break and Shal decided she was gonna go out to the kitchen and cook up a batch of seafront style doughnuts.

After I showed Shal how to use her scales to measure grams - as she's only used to using ounces - she eventually got the mixture going and made up some lovely doughnuts.  Although everyone else only had about 2 or 3 of them, I managed to devour about 10 of the beauties.  They were certainly yummy and the only only thing they lacked was a little ice cream to wash them down with, hahaha.

At the end of the match, Man Utd hadn't managed to score any more goals so it finished 2-0.  I headed home shortly after that and watched the second session of the snooker.  It was a toughly fought battle but Ronnie ended the session being 10-7 in front so yet again Ali has got some work to do when they resume tomorrow afternoon.

I then decided it was time for something to eat and headed out to get some milk so I could make some pasta n sauce - the cheese and brocolli packet mix that requires a bit of milk to make it.  I sat down to eat my yummy dinner when Mason decided to call me.  He wanted to know if he could pop over on his way to Glenn's house so I said it was ok and hung up.

Half hour later he called me back and asked if he, Glenn and their mate Charlie could stay at my place for the night.  He assured me that Charlie was ok so I agreed to it and went back to my TV.  When they arrived, we watched a couple of films together - American Pie 2 and The Hunt for Eagle One with my favourite actor, Mark Dacascos.

I've got 15 of his films in my collection and every one of them is great.  My favourite ones are Only The Strong (love the capoeira they use in it - best martial art in the world), Cradle to the Grave (awesome fight scene he has with Jet Li), Drive and Crying Freeman.  He truly is an underrated actor and the most amazing martial artist I've ever seen and he really should be in more big budget Hollywood movies - maybe one day he will be.

Charlie fell asleep halfway through the second film and Mason was near eough ready to pass out by the end of it so I headed to my bedroom to write my blog.  Glenn came in and said he was gonna go home and have a shower and something to eat then he'd be back so I carried on typing and let him get on with it.  Now it's gone 4.30am and I reckon it's time to get some sleep - Glenn will have to let himself back in with the spare key.  Nighty night!

James!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment