Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 18 - Bloody Cars!

Friday today - was hoping to be able to get my car over to Scott's place but unfortunately it didn't work out as planned.  Was gonna use Sean's car to do it and have Aaron sitting in my car while I tow him.  Unfortunately, after speaking to my insurance company, it seems that the law has now changed with regards to driving other people's cars.  Although my insurance allows me to drive another person's car, apparently that car also has to have its own insurance policy too, unlike before where your own insurance would cover that car aswell as your own.

So we had to try and think of an alternative option.  Aaron hasn't held his licence for at least 3 years so therefore is not allowed to legally tow a vehicle so we thought maybe if he sat in my car and I drove his car, towing him, it might be ok.  Again, things went tits up because Aaron's insurance does not cover him for driving another person's car - ugh!  Therefore he wouldn't be insured to sit in my car while I tow him.  Lost yet?  Hahaha, I know the feeling, was slightly lost myself with the situation!

So anyway, originally I was gonna drive Sean's car, tow my car to Scott's, then take Sean, Wes and Aaron to a scrap yard in Galleywood to find some spare parts for Sean's car.  However, since we found out that I would not be covered on the insurance to drive his car, they ended up going in Aaron's car without me - and came home with another bloody Saxo.  Yep, Sean had decided that the car he was gonna take the parts from was too good to just strip down and bought the whole car instead, hahaha!  He does make me laugh!

So I spent my day sitting at home on the computer and having the occasional nap in between watching episodes of NCIS: LA and The Mentalist and playing my Facebook games.  I did pretty much bugger all else for the remainder of the day, apart from a brief trip to the shop to get some milk and gas that is.  I ended up going to bed at about 1am - early for me I know, but I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow!

James!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment