Friday 18 May 2012

Day 16 - Payday!

OK, so it was payday today and that meant my internet gets put back on, finally - after two weeks of no internet, it had been a struggle to keep myself occupied throughout the day.  I had spent most of that time watching TV and I usually don't bother watching British TV cos it's usually a big fat pile of crap - with the exception of shows like Doctor Who, Torchwood, Misfits and Shameless of course.

I usually spend a lot of time watching American shows online - shows like The Mentalist, Psych, Criminal Minds, The Finder, Hawaii 5-0, Castle, Fringe, NCIS: LA, White Collar and my favourite show, Sons of Anarchy.  As you can see from my list, I do love a good cop or detective show - they've always interested me and I'd be lost without them, haha.  I do like them to be intelligent though - all those crappy shows that have nothing going for them and have a really stupid storyline are wasted on me cos I just can't be bothered with crap like that.  Thankfully, it's been a long while since I've come across anything like that.

So any, it's Wednesday and time to get back to Facebook - or not!  Woke up at about 9am and my internet still wasn't back on so I called up Virgin Media to check the payment had gone through ok and they said it was fine but may take up to 24 hours to come back online.  I know full well that it only takes one person to click a button on their computer to send a signal back to my modem but they were insistent that this was not the case.  Funny that, cos I've had it done for me a few times in the past where I've phoned up to ask and the person on the other end says to wait a minute while they send the signal to reactivate it.  This woman just wanted to be awkward, ugh!

So instead I decided to watch Secret Millionaire Ireland, Grand Designs Revisited and Supernanny USA.  They kept my mind occupied for a few hours until my time had finally come at about 11.30am when my internet was finally back on again, yay!  Straight to Facebook I went to see what I had missed and to get all my daily bonusses on my favourite games that I usually spend hours playing.

I found that a few of my top scores had been beaten on Angry Birds so I quickly got straight to trying to get the top scores back again - failed on most of them, hahaha.  It's been a while so I need to get back in the swing of things again.  But not to worry because I will beat those scores - I'm a determined fucker when it comes to Facebook games and hate being second best, I'm so competitive, hahaha.

So after spending a few hours catching up my Facebook stuff, I went round to Shal's cos she had finally managed to sell Sean's car to a woman in Shoebury but the woman was unable to collect it herself so me and Sean delivered it to her after a quick stop to drop off some rubbish at the tip for Shal.  We dropped the car off, filled out all the details on the logbook and made a fast exit in Aaron's car before she changed her mind due to the rusty wheel arches or the noisy clutch, hahaha.

Aaron dropped us off back at Shal's just in time for us to get our bacon and egg sandwiches that she had made for us, yummm.  I stuck around for half an hour or so then headed off to get some tobacco before heading back home again to catch up on the Hawaii 5-0 episodes I had missed.  I spent the rest of the evening watching my favourite shows online before finally going to bed at about 2am.

James!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment