Monday 28 May 2012

Day 27 - Soccer Aid Vs. Superheroes!

Well, another hot day today and I woke up to bright sunshine beaming through my curtains - I really should get some proper blackout curtains soon, would be much easier to sleep, hahaha.  I woke up nice and early again (I blame that sun) at about 8am this time though, so not as early as I have been thankfully.

I did my usual Facebook stuff then decided it was time for a film.  Because of all my favourite shows coming to an end for the season and having to wait a few weeks before a few of my other favourite shows pick up again, I have been very short of TV shows to watch so for the moment I am into films again.

I managed to eventually find a half decent link to watch the new Avengers movie - and what a movie it was.  Lots of action, lots of special effects and lots of superheroes - just my cup of tea.  I've always loved a good superhero movie ever since I was little.  I used to run around in a Superman costume as a kid and my Brother ran around in a Spiderman costume, hahaha.

Of course I remember watching all the original superhero movies and TV shows like the Superman and Batman movies then later the Spiderman movies before it became somewhat of a craze to create a good superhero movie.  Films were coming out all over the place based on characters like the aforementioned, also Daredevil, Electra, The Fantastic Four, The Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.  Of course I would have loved it if the new Avengers movie had combined a few more of them but what they did do was pretty awesome too.

Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and Hulk joined forces with The Hawk and Black Widow to defeat Thor's brother Loki and his alien friends after Loki brings them to our world to overpower the human race and become the God of Earth.  High hopes for someone so puny, hahaha.  Which reminds me - when Loki tells Hulk he is a God and that he should follow him, Hulk grabs him and slams him to the floor 3 or 4 times before saying "puny God!"  And when Thor announces that Loki is his brother, he is given a funny look by his fellow superheroes.  He then proclaims "he's adopted!"  Hahaha, yes they add the occasional bit of humour which is always good in such an epic movie.  I really do hope they make a sequel - I know there are plans for an Iron Man 3 film, but I hope the rest of them come back too.

So after watching my superhero movie I moved onto Facebook to play around for a few hours before I had myself a little nap before watching Soccer Aid on ITV1.  It's a charity football match that takes place every two years between a team representing England and a team representing the Rest of the World.  The teams are made up of a mixture of celebrities and ex professional footballers.  They play to try and raise money for UNICEF to help heal illnesses around the globe and it's a very worthwhile cause.

Robbie Williams and Jonathan Wilkes were the co founders of the bi-annual event and it's made a huge impact and created a massive following all over the world.  The match itself was actually very entertaining with Sergio from Kasabian getting the first goal of the game for the Rest of the World team to take them 1-0 up before half time and what an awesome goal it was, chipping the ball over the head of David Seaman.

Teddy Sheringham then deflected the shot from Graeme Le Saux into the back of the net to make it 1-1 midway through the second half.  Five minutes later and England took the lead thanks to a clinical finish from Jonathan Wilkes, slotting it past Patrick Kielty on his near post.  In the 89th minute of normal time, Kevin Phillips rounded it off with a low strike to the bottom right corner of the goal and England finished the game as victors in an epic 3-1 win.

So after watching an entertaining match like that, I found myself craving more decent entertainment so I decided to find myself another film to watch.  I came across a pretty decent link to watch The Hunger Games - although I did have to put up with a few foreign subtitles along the bottom of the screen, but I managed to ignore them enough to concentrate on the film.

Although it was a pretty barbaric storyline, it was actually a very good film.  It was well acted, well written and certainly entertained me for the rest of the night before it was time for me to head for my bed at around 1am.

James!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment