Friday 25 May 2012

Day 20 - Person of Interest!

I woke up at about 4am, disappointed at not being able to get a full night's sleep, even though I had a busy day on Saturday.  So I ended up spending Sunday morning discovering a new TV show that I hadn't gotten round to watching yet - Person of Interest.  It stars Jim Caviezel (The Count of Monte Cristo) as John Reese - an ex Marine and ex CIA agent - who teams up with Michael Emerson (Ben Linus from Lost) as Harold Finch - the guy who created a super machine for the American government to monitor terrorist threats.

As it turned out, the show ended up being a really good one - it certainly helped that J. J. Abrams was behind this clever masterpiece!  I spent the rest of the day going back and forth between Facebook, Person of Interest and the occasional nap for an hour or two here and there.  I managed to get through 10 episodes of this new show before I finally decided to give up for the day and head back to bed but I didn't fall straight off to sleep though - I kept thinking about some of the other wonderful TV shows that Abrams had produced.

Although I loved Lost to pieces, my favourite show he ever made was without doubt Alias!  I still haven't managed to come across another show that has been able to measure up to the awesomeness of that show.  He did try and create another show on a similar premise called Undercovers but unfortunately it didn't receive as much praise as it might possibly have deserved.  I personally enjoyed it - not as much as Alias, but still it was good.

So after pondering over the works of J. J. Abrams for an hour or two, I eventually managed to drift off to sleep at around 3am before waking up again at about 7am, ugh!

James!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment