Tuesday 1 May 2012

Day 1 - Aussies!

This is how bored I was today - I sat on my computer for most of the day (not literally on it of course, but in front of it!) I played lots of Facebook games like Bubble Witch Saga, Hotshot, Bejeweled Blitz and Solitaire Blitz - oh what a fun and interesting life I lead.

I did manage to find the time to watch some online TV of course - bugger, just realised I missed the snooker today, bollocks!!! I started watching a show called The Chicago Code today, episodes 1 and 2 from Season one. I found it enjoyable enough and I will continue to watch the rest of the season over the next few days but I fear it's probably already been axed and will not be returning for a second season as with most American TV shows lately.

Oh, I did also manage to finally get round to watching the film "Thor" early this morning too - then had myself a nice nap, hahaha. I was impressed actually cos it turned out to be somewhat of a mini masterpiece. With Kenneth Branagh directing, I didn't expect much from it cos he's more of a theatre guy really, what with all the Shakespeare stuff he's done over the years but evidently, it turned out ok and he did a good job.

For the first five minutes of the film, I kept staring at the guy who played Thor and wondered where the hell I recognised him from. After those first five minutes had passed, I got fed up of wondering and paused it so I could check it out on imdb.com. It turned out to be a guy who used to be in Home and Away - hence why I recognised him.

It seems that a lot of ex Aussie soap stars are becoming quite popular in Hollywood movies and TV shows lately. It all started with Kylie and Jason really after the two of them turned into worldwide pop stars pretty much overnight back in the 80's. Then it was Guy Pearce who moved from Neighbours into big hollywood films like LA Confidential. Then of course we saw Natalie Imbruglia go from Neighbours to pop stardom to Johnny English!!! OK, maybe not Hollywood but still a movie star, hahaha.

Then there was Melissa George who played Wheelchair bound rebellious teen Angel in Home and Away. She went on to star in lots of big American TV shows like Friends and my personal fave - Alias. Although I can't recall off hand the names of any major Hollywood movies she's done, she has certainly made a name for herself there.

Who can forget the beautiful Isla Fisher? Really? You don't know her? She played Shannon in Home and Away before heading over to Hollywood and made a name for herself in films such as Wedding Crashers and Confessions of a Shopaholic. She's also married to Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G, innit!)

Holly Valance is another one who is possibly gonna be a big star in the future - she started of in Neighbours as Felicity (Flick) Scully but then moved onto appearing in guest roles of big US shows like CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Entourage and also has a successful singing career under her belt too - I can see a bright future for her in Hollywood.

Oh, and who can forget Jim Robinson from Neighbours? Alan Dale went from Ramsey Street over to the USA to appear in TV shows like Alias, Lost, 24, Ugly Betty and he's even done a few movies too.

Well I seem to be rambling on about Aussies a bit too much now so enough of that and time for me to get back to the important things - Bubble Witch Saga here I come!!!

James.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment