Saturday 2 June 2012

Day 30 - Breaking Bad!

Well this morning I posted on Facebook about the Planet of the Apes film I watched last night and it seemed to get quite a reaction from my friends.  I had lots of likes and lots of comments about how much my friends also enjoyed the film, one of them - Craig - even said it was his best film of 2011 before we eventually moved onto discussing TV shows instead.

He told me that I should check out an American show called Breaking Bad.  I read the write up about it and was convinced enough to watch the pilot episode.  It intrigued me enough to warrant watching a second episode and from then on I was hooked.  Although the first season was a little slow, it still had some great positives and the characters are just brilliant.

The show is basically about a high school chemistry teacher called Walt and a former student of his called Jesse and the mishaps that happen in their lives over the course of several months.  Jesse is a meth addict and down on his luck after the DEA raid his meth lab - therefore leaving him with the need to start again.

Walt had just been diagnosed with lung cancer and is told he only has several months left to live so he wants to quickly make enough money to leave behind for his family to live on after he is gone.  He has the brainstorm of becoming a meth cook so decides to join forces with Jesse to make some money.  What follows after that is a series of adventures and troubles that lead to a very entertaining show.

I ended up watching all 7 episodes of season one and then the first 3 episodes of season two before I got too tired to carry on.  I went to bed at around 3am and boy did I need the sleep - I was knackered after that much TV, hahaha.

James!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment